Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Good one, mom.

20 weeks, 5 days  We're over halfway now! I have conquered more time than I have left! (I know it's not that much, but it sure makes me feel gooooood!)
I'm going to tell a story about my first big mommy blunder.
Keep in mind that I had just began an antibiotic known to turn bodily fluids bright orange. Kind of like Gatorade, really.
So, my favorite big brother and best friend is moving to TN for grad school...yada yada....I'm not going to write about that because I'm already feeling emotional after a long day at work. Anyway, so to "celebrate," he, some friends and us went to TGI Friday's Friday night and then planned to go to the Rumba. The Rumba, by class, is a restaurant, but has a bar, and is sort of a bar like scene. We have been there and enjoyed it before. It is, It was a fairly calm, relaxed place, with comfy bench seats that I really like. When we got there Friday night, there was evena  family with small children eating at [our] table. It started off normal, but then it appeared that Jersey Shore came to Little Rock and invaded our once calm, relaxed hang out. There was a massive group of big haired girls in little bitty clothes and meat head guys, also in little bitty clothes. The longer I sat there, the worse I felt. "This is no place for a pregnant lady." .... "How could you be so senseless?" ...... "What part of going down town sounded good for a wee little 20 week old baby?"....."He can hear everything going on. He must feel so stressed out." ....The thoughts that circled through my mind. Finally, I told Tim and my Friend Josie that I was ready to go. On the drive back to the restaurant to drop off Josie at her car, I started feeling sick...holding back a few gags in the truck as to try and not completely gross out my husband and my friend. I'm not sure if it was the spinach dip, the late night, the heat, the stress....or maybe all of those...that caused me to be so sick. We no more got into the parking lot that I swung open the door and bolted for the grass. It was really bad. Poor Josie. She is such a champ. If having a baby required a maid of honor, she would be a two-timer for me! She so calmly held my hair out of the disgusting load that was coming out of my mouth, and waited so patiently for me to finish. Of course I peed myself, what's new about that? I sat on a plastic bag on the way home. I felt better for a minute, but by the time we got home I made a mad dash for the bathroom and continued the puke fest once again. I was able to move the rugs this time, since I was already expecting the uncontrollable urination. I'm pretty sure this was the sickest I've been. Even worse than the Olive Garden incident. I was so sick, and so miserable. I was bawling uncontrollably. I heard my husband ask if I was okay and just as I got up I turned around to notice a big, bright orange puddle in the bathroom floor. He assumed the answer to his question was "no." However, he was ever so sweet and so patient and cleaned up after me while I went to take a shower. You know, growing a human being in my womb should make me feel like a SUPER human! Though, when you are puking in parking lots, riding home on plastic bags and your husband has to "clean up after you," that feeling is a little more like INhuman. Funny how that works. Needless to say, this little momma won't be making ANY trips down town any time soon!
In other news:
I think I'm beginning to feel little Judah in my belly! I'm ready for the first big movement that I know for SURE is him! I've been on a search for his bedding! And, I think we've found his furniture! I go back to the doctor next Tuesday and am looking forward to taking big brother Landon with me so he can hear his little brother's heart beat! He and I have began a tradition of singing Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star to baby Judah every night! Melts my heart. I am so eager to meet our little guy!
My friends John and Mandy are in the process of bringing baby Karsyn into the world, as we speak! So exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Valentine’s Day Dinner tricks and treats

I love holidays! All of them! And I try super hard (sometimes too hard) to make them extra special for the people I love! I have to occasion...