Friday, June 29, 2012

Just a little Friday morning post.

I woke up about 8:00, took my reflux meds, and ate some strawberry oatmeal. Now, I am sitting in bed watching House of Payne and supporting the anti-Obama protest on Facebook. LOL. Perfectly good morning! I have one more hour of lazy before I get ready to go eat lunch with my mom and my brother. More goodness! This is a nice, non-eventful break after last week's hellacious events: 1. Joey in ICU with a vent for MRSA abscess, went home Tuesday. 2. Tim in bed for 3 days passing a kidney stone from Tuesday to Thursday. 3. My mother in law fell at work on Friday (she is doing okay now :)  We were all glad to see that week go!

Not much has gone on to write about this week, so I thought I'd just post a few pregnant randoms.
1. I brush my teeth with Landon's sparkle fun, Kid's Crest toothpaste, because the "adult" kind makes me gag. Landon thinks this is the funniest thing ever! It kind of is.
2. I wake up in the morning with a nose full of boogers and dried blood. I don't even know what that's all about.
3. I had a conversation about breastfeeding with a mom of 4 from church and felt not 100% grossed out. That somehow made me hopeful that some mommy instincs are coming out. It was actually a very helpful conversation.
4. I am SICK of taking pills and meds: A HUGE prenatal vitamin, reflux meds or 8 digestive enzymes per day, depending on the day, and a teaspoon of liquid DHA I got from our psychiatrist at work. It feels like I am drinking fish oil. Perhaps because I am. This baby better know I love him/her!
5. I went to a baby shower for little miss Karsyn last Sunday. I think if I can crash a few more of those maybe I will have an idea what I will actually need for a baby!
6. My mom is keeping me clothed in pregnant gear. So thankful!! I am still trying to stretch a few of my "regular" clothes, but it is getting harder every day. Getting dressed is a challenge. And, I've started thinking.... There's pre-pregnant clothes, maternity clothes, and then what? What happens in the pre-getting back to pre-pregnant clothes stage?
7. I saw an article about mayonnaise and feta cheese during pregnancy....both of which I've eaten in the past week. You can really drive yourself crazy trying to balance the dos and do nots of pregnancy. And then there are the mayos and feta cheeses that you don't even know are do nots. I just try to do my best and pray that my body delivers nothing but perfection to the little bundle growing inside.
8. Mom got us a prenatal monitor so that we can hear hiccups and heart beats! So cool!! We should be able to try it out toward the end of the 2nd trimester.
9. I haven't worried a lot about pregnancy and baby, but the things I do worry think about are epidural vs. natural, vaccinate vs. no vaccinate, and where will our baby stay when I go back to work? I know a lot of people have very strong opinions on these....none of which I am interested in hearing....but doing what is right for us and our baby can be a heavy weighing process.
10. 10 More days until we know the gender!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some non-pregnancy randoms:
1. Our big boy lost his first tooth on Wednesday and he is ADORABLE!!! We slipped a "fairy dust" (aka glittery eye shadow) covered dollar under his pillow and heard about it at 6:30 the next morning. He was so excited! And we have another one coming out soon.
2. Anyone need a house? Ours is still on the market. Praying for a sale before the baby comes in December! We REALLY want to bring him/her home to our new house.
3. I have the VERY best husband in the world! I feel so very lucky to have him in my life and to have a marriage that is so enjoyable! Even a shopping trip to Sam's is fun with him :) Just thought that was worth mentioning.
4. 15 days until VACATION!!!!!!!!! Looking forward to relaxation, beach time and yummy grub with some great friends!!!


1 comment:

  1. In response to #6... you might want to hang on to those maternity clothes for a couple of months after you have the baby. Just sayin' :) I am still wearing some of mine and it's been six weeks. They are just more comfortable for right now.

    ReplyDelete

Valentine’s Day Dinner tricks and treats

I love holidays! All of them! And I try super hard (sometimes too hard) to make them extra special for the people I love! I have to occasion...