Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Intentional

I’m kind of a middle of the road-er when it comes to planning. Like, I don’t have the next 6 months of my life planned out by the millisecond (though I seem to attract people who do lol and I am so grateful for them and their planning antics because they keep me balanced!), but I also don’t totally fly by the seat of my pants (I know my favorite planner is disagreeing with me right now lol). I kind of have a general idea of what’s going on, and then let it ride. When I was working, I had to be very self disciplined because I ran my own schedule- and I did fine with that. I may plan which schools I was going to, or which kids I was going to see, but wouldn’t schedule it by the minute, you get the picture. But lately, I have been drawn to be more intentional. I LOVE these days at home, but after the first few days of trying to be on a tight schedule, I quickly let it go because that is not reasonable with a 5 year old and 6 month old- at least it’s not reasonable for me. And I’m good with that. But, it also is not working, to just meander through the days, weeks, months and wonder what you’ve been doing with the wind you’re sucking. So, I feel like I’m in the process- and I realize it’s a process- of finding my balance. Flexible intentionality, maybe? I just made that up.
God speaks in so many ways, and in the past two weeks He’s used a book and a blog by two similar, but different, incredible women to seriously get my attention about this, and a few other things: living intentionally, taking time for myself to be alone and to be with the Lord, to be present in motherhood, marriage and LIFE, overall, to THRIVE, rather than just SURVIVE, to be intentional and positive with my words, to clear the clutter from my home and my head and make space in both for WHAT matters!! And that means, asking myself to be really, really, really honest with myself about what actually does matter. I’ve heard twice this week, if you want to see what really matters in your life, imagine someone watching you all day, and what they would see that your priorities are. Let that sink in for a minute. Stings a little, huh?
So, this week has looked just a little different for us. We’ve cleaned Judah’s room and removed 6 trash bags full of stuff. Did a little organization to help him keep his room up better on his own, and we both feel a million times better. I’ve done some easy and obvious decluttering, like pulling out 4 trash bags full of blankets and sheets we haven’t used in the 3 years we’ve been in this house, threw out two lamps that haven’t worked in months, and a couple of baskets full of kitchen items that have been falling out on me every time I open any cabinet in my kitchen. Basically, if I don’t love it or we don’t use it, it’s gone. Oddly enough, we’ve still had time to practice math with sidewalk chalk, have a picnic and play at the park. And I do still have quite a bit of de cluttering to do.
This morning, after I got up with Jett at 5, I stayed up. I thought If I could get my shower out of the way, I’d feel good and save time later in the day. So that was great, but by now I need a nap lol However, the balance is that I decided to use this time, instead, while Jett is napping, to write a new post, which I’ve been wanting to do for a while. Annnd the other part (can we just call it balance, too? Ha!) is that Judah (who normally doesn’t watch tv during the day) is getting a little time with his favorite Duck Dynasty guys lol. He is obsessed. My 5 year old runs around hollering “HEY!” And “GOOD GRIEF!” like Uncle Si. Though, by now, he’s moved on to barricading me into a pillow hut and jumping on my head, so I’ve bought as much time as I can.
I’m excited to be on this “journey” I guess I’ll call it!  I hope to make some positive, lasting changes that will make me a better wife, mom and person.

Intentional- done on purpose; deliberate

“Where there is no vision, the people perish.”  Proverbs 29:18







No comments:

Post a Comment

Valentine’s Day Dinner tricks and treats

I love holidays! All of them! And I try super hard (sometimes too hard) to make them extra special for the people I love! I have to occasion...