Wednesday, April 25, 2018

These 3 things.

I’m going to share a few “new” things I’ve been trying lately that seem to be working for me. Totally random, but maybe they’ll be helpful for someone else!
It turns out, there’s a little more to “adapting” to my new [best] job [ever] than I may have thought. All good things, but in the past few weeks I’ve stumbled onto a blog/podcast that has challenged and inspired me, especially in my motherhood, “homemaker” role, but truly in every area of my life I can think of. I’ve already gushed about it to some of you, but seriously, you guys should check her out- Allie Casazza, “The Purpose Show.”
Anyway, so I’ve been trying to find a “new normal” I guess, which is not always real consistent with a 7 month old. After all, I did lose a 3 hour battle today, trying to get him to nap. Normally, he naps great! I’ve been trying to do some things differently and work on a routine of sorts. I posted a little about that a few weeks ago. So here are my “things.”

1. Doing ONE load of laundry every day. I gather up the clothes from everyone’s baskets in the morning and throw them in. Then sometime during the day, I dry them (and usually at another point in the day, dry them agin 😂), then I make sure to fold them and put them up every night before I go to bed. One reason  this method would not work for you: 1. If you have something against washing everything together, because I definitely toss it all in.
It toook me a day or so to catch up so that I’d only have one each day, but it truly has helped!

These things don’t fit together at all, by the way lol

2. “Training” my hair, so that I don’t have to wash it daily, because it SAVES SO MUCH TIME! I realize that I’m late to this party, but my hair is so fine/thin and gets oily easily so I’ve always felt like I needed to wash it daily. This week is my second, and I have washed on the 1st and 4th days. That third day is rough, and I wear a hat if I go anywhere. Everything I read about it says your hair will “get the hint” after a few weeks since it’s a “cycle” you have to break. If you wash daily, your hair creates more oil. In short, I can already tell a difference on wash day because my hair feels healthy! Hoping for good results.

Ok, last thing. Hear me out on this. I haven’t even typed it out and I can feel some eye rolls coming, and I if I hadn’t tried for myself, I would be one of those eye rollers too, because “who has time for all that!”  So...

3. Making my own baby food. Now, I don’t get too crazy. I still store buy some, and I don’t have anything against store bought, if you’re wondering. But, there are several that are EASY and CHEAP.  
A lot of them can be steamed super quick (grab those steamer bags from Wal-Mart. I don’t even own a steamer basket), or butternut squash, for example, cooks easily in the oven. When I was telling my bf about this stuff, she says “So what all equipment do I need for that?”
Blender
Ice trays
Ziplock bags.
That’s it. I cook it, throw it in the blender, freeze it in ice cube trays and then store it in ziploc bags in the freezer (for up to three months!).  So far, I’ve done butternut squash, peas (frozen), zucchini, carrots, bananas, apples (a tad more involved with the peeling and cutting), green beans, sweet potatoes, pumpkin (canned)... I think that’s all. If you’ve done this, or have any other ideas on it, I’d love to hear them.
Just for example, a pound of carrots is .78. I can make 7-10 (or more) servings with that, as opposed to 2 store bought servings for $1.28.

Ok, so that’s that. And just in time. I’ve been finishing this post while sitting in my car outside my house because Jett was finally sleeping. 😅 What weirdo things have you done in the name of a sleeping baby?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Valentine’s Day Dinner tricks and treats

I love holidays! All of them! And I try super hard (sometimes too hard) to make them extra special for the people I love! I have to occasion...