Tuesday, May 8, 2012

The Blood Line

Today is worth posting about if only for one reason alone. Today, my mom made homemade chicken and dressing, and then drove an hour (1 way) to drop it off at our house, and then turn right back around and drive another hour home. Can anyone say WOW?!?!?! My mom is amazing!!! And, the chicken and dressing.....well, I don't even know that there are words to describe such deliciousness!! For a second, I thought about being surprised that she would do that! But, really, I can't be. She ALWAYS goes out of her way for us. The chicken and dressing delivery was encouraging for -at least- two reasons. 1. I am reassured that I will never, ever go hungry, or without anything for that matter, because I such amazing people in my life. And, 2. I am reminded that I, myself, come from this "drive 2 hours to deliver homemade chicken and dressing" bloodline. If you're wondering what in the world that has to do with anything.... Well, it gives me hope that maybe, just maybe, my mom's awesome mom genes found their way into my bloodstream, too. In other words, I hope that I will be just half the mom she is, because she made me the woman I am today. Not to mention, she is the world's best, best friend too. And, let's not leave out dad, who called shortly afterwards to ask if I could "crave" beef enchiladas tomorrow. LOL. I told him I would try to take one for the team. Dad is a silly goose. And, I love him with all my heart. I am a daddy's girl to the core. I don't know how I got so lucky to have my parents.....or my husband...or my brothers...or my mother in law...or the rest of my family and friends. I am SO super blessed by the relationships I have in my life. There is something comforting about knowing you are never alone. In other news, we had a Tball game tonight. Landon is the best T-ball player in the world. And I'm not just saying that because he's ours. There are probably studies or something to back that up. Oh, I will end with this! Today, I showed Landon the picture of our little baby. He smiled really big and said "it kinda looks like an owl!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Valentine’s Day Dinner tricks and treats

I love holidays! All of them! And I try super hard (sometimes too hard) to make them extra special for the people I love! I have to occasion...