Monday, May 14, 2012

I knew I wouldn't be super consistent with this thing...

I feel like there usually isn't enough in one day to write about. So, I guess I will continue this habit of playing catch up. What's new in pregnancy land? I guess you could say I'm getting down with the sickness. Well, today has been fine...so far. But, Friday night I had a puke fest in the shower. That was nice. Saturday & Sunday were much the same. My lower back and hips are starting to have some minor pains. And, I am completely exhausted. Though, that could be due to the on-call night from hell last night, that kept me up until 1:30. Oh the joys of being a mental health therapist! P.S I truly am very thankful or my job! (Just not the week I'm on call!)
Mother's Day was great! I got all sorts of sweet texts, calls, cards, etc. wishing me a Happy Mother's Day! This was my first [biological] Mother's Day, though I really consider last year as my first! It was the first Mother's Day I spent as a step mommy to Landon. Being a step mom is another post for another day, but I will say getting to share in that boy's life has been one of the biggest blessings of mine! He and his momma got me the sweetest card and the most adorable picture frame, with a puppy picture in it lol, that says "I love you this big." That is Landon's and my "thing," you know, that we say to each other, usually while singing the Scotty McCreery song. Always makes me smile. I got to spend half of the day with my momma, and the other half with my other momma, my mother in law, rather "in love," I like to say. Moms are so special and I could not say enough about how amazing my mom is, and my mother in law too. I am thankful that I've never experienced any truth to the horrid in laws jokes. Having a mother in law like mine is better than the yummy, cream cheese fruit dip I made this afternoon! Really, she is amazing.
I have yet to start taking "pregnant belly pictues," even though I really want to. I guess I am lacking motivation in some areas....so says the ENORMOUS pile of laundry in our closet! It is truly scary. Anyway, I don't think you are supposed to be "showing," just yet, but I, and many others, can definitely tell there is something growing in this belly of mine! Baby Edwards is showing herself/himself early!
I ate strawberries, and the previously mentioned fruit dip for dinner tonight, before the T-ball game, and when I got home I had some Fruity Pebbles. I don't really have cravings, but sometimes eat weird things because nothing at all sounds appealing. I'm pretty sure I have developed a taste aversion to meat. I've heard other mommas experienced the same type of thing, but it is so strange. I eat a lot of fruit and crackers.
Oh, speaking of T-ball, I will end this post with one of my future goals as a mommy. I hope to spend many, many summers at the ball field, and many, many winters in the gym. I grew up this way and it turned out just fine for me! Really, I am so glad Landon is playing T-ball and really hope our new little bundly of joy will love sports too! I would say I want to be  a soccer mom, but honestly I can't stand soccer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Valentine’s Day Dinner tricks and treats

I love holidays! All of them! And I try super hard (sometimes too hard) to make them extra special for the people I love! I have to occasion...