Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Indigestion from Hades.

10 weeks and 4 days today and I am already inpatient about meeting our sweet baby! I keep seeing pictures on Facebook of all the newborns and I get incredible urges to hold our sweet one in my arms. Seven months seems so far away, even though I know it will pass quickly.
My current vices don't make the waiting game any easier either: indigestion and exhaustion. More indigestion than exhaustion. That seems to be the only thing that really makes me sick...as in throw up sick. And, it is not fun. It comes if my stomach is a tad empty, or if it's a tad full, a really hard balance to keep. Exhaustion comes and goes. Yesterday, I was exhausted before I ever left for work. Then, after work, I picked up Landon and we ran home to change for Tball, went to the game, ate supper, and by this time I am about to drop dead. Then......I still had work notes and intake paperwork to do. The indigestion came and I spent a while hovered over the porcelain throne. My sweet husband brought me a warm wash cloth, which was intended to clean myself up. Instead, I planted my face in it and sobbed for a few minutes, while thinking to myself....here come the hormones. But, I don't do well with exhaustion while not growing a human, so I'm thinking it was just amplified. Anyway, I finished the notes and went to bed. Today, I made it through the work day okay, but tonight, it is weighing on me. I'm hoping to get some snuggle time with my boys and get in bed early.
Some big events have happened since my last post. Our big boy graduated from Pre-K! He was adorable in his little cap & gown! Then we celebrated at the park that night. I am amazed at how much he has grown this year, in all sorts of ways. We were fortunate to have 2 great teachers at Clinton Elementary that were so good to him. That boy makes me so proud!  There is another [bigger] boy that I am also super proud of! My favorite big brother in the whole world graduated on Saturday, with a BS in Mathematics, and Magna Cum Laude honors! He wore something like 1 stole, 2 medals, and 4-5 cords. Ridiculous. He is incredibly smart. But more than that, he is so focused, so dedicated and works harder at school than anyone I know! Truly, I am envious of his passion. And, truly, I am thankful to have him as a brother and a best friend. Also, I'm glad he is not moving to TN in August. He was accepted to a PHD program at the U of TN, where they offered him paid tuition, a stipend, health insurance...I didn't tell him when he was weighing the options, because of course I wanted to be supportive, but after I found out about the offer, I had a mini mental break down in the kitchen floor. If someone would've told me that would happen 15 years ago when he threw a cat on my back and I stabbed him with a pen....I would've never belived them. But, I am so thankful for our relationship, and that he has decided to start his graduate career here in AR, for at least this year.
I had a nice text chat with a sweet friend who is also pregnant. She is much farther than me, but it is fun to talk and relate anyway! John and Mandy will welcome their sweet baby Karsyn in just 10 short weeks! They are going to be great parents!
In other random thoughts, I am looking forward to a 4 day weekend, and a trip to Florida in July! Oh, and especially our next doctor's appointment on June 11th! It can't come soon enough! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Valentine’s Day Dinner tricks and treats

I love holidays! All of them! And I try super hard (sometimes too hard) to make them extra special for the people I love! I have to occasion...