Tuesday, June 12, 2012

1 down, 2 to go!

Happy 2nd Trimester to me!!! 13 weeks and 4 days, today. I'd like to say something like "Hooray, I survived the 1st trimester!" But, it wasn't all that bad. And, the only really, super, terrible part of it....the acid reflux....shows no signs of letting up. However, I have been VERY consistent with my Pepcid this week, and that has helped a lot! It's still kind of unruly at night, but much better. Plus, the doc gave me a perscription for it yesterday, so hopefully that will work a miracle in my esophagus.
I have noticed the passing of food aversions and would, if my body allowed, be eating just about anything I was before I was pregnant. But, I have still been trying to avoid acidic food and drinks. As awful as it is, I am a tad thankful, because I think it may be helping me to manage my weight. Not only do I have to be careful of what I eat and drink, but I also have to eat small meals, very slowly. I have only gained something like 3-4 lbs, so I'm very glad of that. I have seriously tried not to take the "free for all buffet" approach, so maybe that will pay off. Or, maybe it will turn into that in a few months. lol who knows!
I started a new prenatal vitamin this week. I'm taking the prenatal with iron from GNC and adding DHA. The pills are huge and apparently you are supposed to take two at a time. I've only been taking one. My thought process says better to take one than to dread taking two so bad that I don't take any. Anyone have any suggestions/comments about that? Seriously, I'm open to them.
In other really great news, I went for my 2nd appointment yesterday! I left work about 3:00 and could not get to Conway fast enough! Tim wasn't able to get off work, unfortunately, but my mom did get to go with me and that was really nice! I was absolutely blown away by how much our little baby has grown! He/she is almost 8 cm! That's 5 more than last time!! The cute little thing was wiggling like crazy in there! It was the coolest thing ever! We could see arms and legs moving, a tiny little spine, his/her jaw bone, eyes, nose.....goodness, it was incredible! Dr. Lawrence tried to look for gender-telling parts, but the little swimmer was too busy lol. She said for sure next time we would be able to tell! YAAAYY!!! I really don't understand how people don't want to know the gender lol, but to each his own! WE are finding out! :) The heartbeat was still going strong and everything looked great, so we are overjoyed! However, I did learn that my blood type is B-. Maybe that makes sense to some of you, but it didn't to me. It was explained to me like this ..... B- is a rare blood type. If my baby has a + blood type, my blood may try to destroy my baby's blood. Maybe not this pregnancy, but probably the next. Anyway, I was reassured that it's not a huge deal. But, I will have to get the RhoGAM shot at 7 months and at any other time there is a chance of my blood mixing with the baby's. Mom says my dad's sister and niece both had this shot and it was truly not a big deal. That was reassuring. Moms are so good for reassurance! :) I posted the ultrasound pics on facebook, so hopefully you all saw them. I looked at them until I fell asleep last night, and reached for them first thing this morning. So amazing. To this point, I had not gotten teary, mostly just really huge smiles. But, on one of those pictures my mom pointed out our baby's little toes that I hadn't noticed before. I stared at those sweet toes and just cried. There really is no describing how amazing it really is. I'm sure this is something many first time mothers have said, but there is truly, truly no making sense of how someone could willingly abort a child. HOW can anyone say that is NOT a baby???? I heard your heart beating with my own ears. I see your little nose, your eyes, your mouth. Dumbfounds me. People are willing to fight to save trees, but willingly kill babies. Sad. No excuses.
Well, let's brighten this blog up for a moment! After I picked up Landon today I got to show him the pictures of our baby! His reactions when talking about the baby are priceless!!! He is all smiles!! I showed him these pictures compared to the last and he said "WHOA WEENIE!! He is growing so big!" I helped him find all the body parts and layed him in the position the baby was in. He thought it was really funny that the baby's leg was bent up to it's stomach. I'm hoping to be able to take him to the next appointment. I think he would really love that. Though, he is still stuck on naming the baby Bruce.....after the Hulk, of course. Boys will be boys.
I feel like there is more to talk about, but I'm drawing a blank. I am exhausted tonight after a full day of work, grocery shopping, cleaning the house, cooking dinner, and doing progress notes. Better rest up huh, morning will be here far too soon! Hump day tomorrow! Friday is on the way!
Oh, I did want to ask you guys to pray for a special friend of mine. She is one month ahead of me and some test results showed elevated blood levels. She goes back to the doctor on Monday. Please pray for peace, reassurance, and a perfectly healthy baby! She will be the greatest mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Valentine’s Day Dinner tricks and treats

I love holidays! All of them! And I try super hard (sometimes too hard) to make them extra special for the people I love! I have to occasion...