Saturday, June 2, 2012

The storm before the calm

Where to begin.....
Well, we are 12 weeks and 1 day today. Everyone keeps telling me the 2nd trimester is muuuuch better...and I believe them, I really do. However, I think my pregnant body is attempting to take one more good run at me before it comes. My pregnancy really hasn't been much to complain about. But, this past week I have been more exhausted than I ever was in the first 11 weeks. And, indigestion continues to be my arch enemy (more on that later). Needless to say, this has been a challenging week, in more ways than one.
No thanks to pregnancy and all thanks to clients who don't consider our services a priority and who instead no show because they "don't feel well," or had [ANOTHER] "flat tire," I had the worst billing week I've had in the 15 months I've been working at Families, Inc. With a reminder from my sweet momma that this sweet baby feels everything I do, I have tried not to stress about it, and hope for the best in the last 3 weeks of this billing cycle. I have even tried to look on the bright side and been thankful for less work since I was already so exhausted.
So, yesterday I decided to de-stress a little and spend the day with my favorite 5 year old in the whole world. We were going to "paint our own pottery," and go to the pool! We drove to Cabot with intentions of painting daddy something cool for Father's Day, only to see a "For Rent" sign in the window. Boo for that plan. And, it was 65 degrees. Pool weather? I think not. We went anyway. Annnnd.....it definitely warmed up. In fact, it warmed up so much that my pregnant skin burnt like a lobster. I am not use to sunburns! Typically, if I get a sunburn at all, it is a nice, smooth, mocha color by morning. This morning, I continued to look rather lobster-ish. At least it doesn't really hurt.
This morning my best friend, who also happens to be my husband, and me enjoyed our routine, Saturday morning Cracker Barrel breakfast. It was more like brunch, so I had the chicken and rice. YUM! Afterwards, we went to the mall, something else we do a lot of on Saturdays. (Ladies, I will NEVER be able to complain about taking my man shopping! He wears ME out at the mall! Seriously!) We found Landon some shorts for summer since he has outgrown his. Tim also found a few summer pieces. And...... we ventured to the maternity store for the first time. I'm not going to lie, I was a little nervous! Not because I am opposed to maternity clothes, but because I am clueless about them, and a little unsure if I should be wearing them yet or not. But, something's gotta' give because the usuals just aren't cutting it anymore! (Well, actually they are cutting it. That's the problem.) We went to Motherhood Maternity, and the saleswoman was the sweetest, most helpful person in the world! Yes, I am going to put in a plug for her. So, if you need some maternity gear, go see Ms. Velma! She saved my life today. There was a fun velcro bump in the dressing room to try on with the clothes. We had a lot of fun with that! And, my sweet, compassionate, supportive husband was right outside the dressing room the entire time.......with lots of laughs and a camera phone! PUNK! Ha! Really though, it was a good laugh. I tried on several pairs of maternity jeans and decided I wasn't ready yet. But, I did get a really cute maxi dress (that I would wear even if I wasn't pregnant). Oh, speaking of maternity clothes, I went over to my brother's to get a pair of sandals that were still in my old closet, and while I was there, I found a dress that I love that was always too big. Perfect timing! Also while I was there I got to reminisce for a short bit, about the year I lived with him. We had a lot of fun, mostly watching Golden Girls marathons and going to Applebee's for happy hour! Living with him was one of the best decisions I ever made. :)
Now to the good (well, really bad) part.....
This afternoon, Tim and I visited happy hour at Sonic on the way to the last Tball game. I try to be so careful with this acid/indigestion junk, so I avoided caffeine AND citrus, and opted for a cranberry juice instead. Apparently everyone knows cranberry juice is incredibly acidic, except me. Dang. Went to the game. It was very hot. We played a great game, but lost. I started to feel the indigestion creeping up and that nasty burning sensation, all the while thinking, "but I've been so careful today!" We went to Olive Garden wtih the fam and as soon as we got there, I was dry heaving in the parking lot. When we got inside Landon announced that "Weenie trowed up!" (That is exactly how he says it.) I thought I was ok. I wasn't. I went to the bathroom to endure the dreaded acid. IT. WAS. AWFUL. By far, the worst pregnant experience to date. After dry heaving for a good 5 minutes and trying not to sound incredibly gross.....because I am in a public bathroom, and well aware that I am a VERY ugly vomiter, like worse than the average vomiter.... I proceeded to throw up a gallon of fire. At least, that's what it felt like. And if that wasn't bad enough, I totally peed all over myself mid-vomit. Not just a trinkle, I mean PEED ALL OVER MYSELF! So, there I was...a throwing up fire, peed on, and now bawling...mess. Thank goodness for my sweet momma right outside the stall with a wet towel, reminding me that this will pass and I will have a sweet baby girl, or boy, instead. Also, I have a great family who was still willing to eat dinner with my mess of self! I am feeling better tonight. Thanks for asking. :)
On a good note, we only have 8 more days until our next doctor's appointment. I am really glad for a few reasons. 1. Hopefully Dr. Lawrence will have a better suggestion for managing the indigestion. 2. We will see our little 2 inch sweetheart! 3. I'm hoping that she will tell me I, in fact, don't have the kidney infection that I suspect. Here's to hoping for the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Valentine’s Day Dinner tricks and treats

I love holidays! All of them! And I try super hard (sometimes too hard) to make them extra special for the people I love! I have to occasion...