Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Gas station, Crock pot, mall Santa, movie theatre: what dreams are made of!

Jett clocked out on me early tonight, so I really should try to get a head start on sleep, but I couldn’t close my eyes without documenting this day, first.
No lunch boxes to pack, no alarm clocks to set (though, I did have to wrangle three sleeping boys, one in a gown, two in elf pajamas, to the gas station at 7:15 to rescue my hubs with a dead battery in his truck...more on that later), and no schools to go to... we’re on Thanksgiving break! I haven’t been able to say that in seven years! I couldn’t be more thankful for the timing of this maternity leave. I am  blessed with a flexible job, still every time a school break rolls around, I wish more than anything that I could forego making [last minute- because that’s how I roll] childcare arrangements and be home with my kiddos! This week, I get to do that. Yesterday was for staying home and housework, tomorrow is for cooking and dating my husband. Today was for unhealthy eating, movies and Santa. Judah has been asking me for a week to make “gravy,” which could only mean one thing in our house- chocolate gravy. So, after we rescued Dad from the gas station, we had chocolate gravy, on a Tuesday morning! And even more than the gravy, the boys were just excited to see Dad! Dad and gravy. Two great things we normally don’t see in the mornings.
I put some beef stew in the crock pot for dinner. Then I scrolled through Facebook while I nursed the baby. There were a lot of stories of people who needed prayers: loved ones lost, uncertainties, and a baby who was getting a new heart. I stopped the boys for a minute and we prayed for this family, as well as the family who donated the heart. Not only do I believe their prayers were powerful, but they were also a blessing to me. Landon prayed “God we know this heart is a good one, and this little boy will grow up to be a great boy and a great man!” And Judah, “Jesus, let that boy get a new heart. In Jesus name.” Thankful. The Lord heard those prayers. Another thing I, unfortunately, don’t normally do on a regular ol’ Tuesday- take time to pray with my kids and teach them to bless someone else.
I ordered the boys super cute Christmas outfits, which didn’t come in before I scheduled the Santa visit (PSA: You can go online to reserve a time slot with Santa at McCain mall and skip the line! Do it. It’s great!), but they were so handsome anyway!! We ate lunch at Chick fil a, then Mimi joined us to go see Santa! Confession: I prayed about how this would go. “Lord, I know it’s silly. It’s Santa. But please, please, let this thing go well.” It did. My boys were adorable. Jett didn’t cry. He didn’t do much of anything haha! Judah didn’t strike any crazy poses or call Santa a poot nanny. And Landon, even though he’s too cool for Santa, sat there and smiled, and didn’t even complain that I made him wear jeans. We got a perfect Santa picture.
We made it on time to the movie. And Jett slept nearly the whole time, never made much of a peep. We watched “The Star” and it did not disappoint.
Sometimes, a lot of times, things don’t go as planned, but sometimes they do. And today was one of those days (save the truck battery lol).
Being a mom to 3 isn’t near as chaotic as I thought it would be. However, Jett is the easiest, most content baby. I guess he didn’t have much of a choice, but to fall in line! Plus, Landon is such a big help! I was just saying today how much I appreciate him, and that it’s actually easier to have all 3, than just the two little boys, because Landon helps me so much, and is glad to do it! Don’t get me wrong, there are times when it’s rough- but more than that, it’s just good! Being Mom/wanny to these three boys fills my heart to overflowing.
Saving my husband from the gas station. Making chocolate gravy. Filling the crock pot. Praying with my kids. Chick fil a. Santa. Mimi. Movie theatre.
There’s nowhere else I would’ve rather been today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Valentine’s Day Dinner tricks and treats

I love holidays! All of them! And I try super hard (sometimes too hard) to make them extra special for the people I love! I have to occasion...