Monday, November 13, 2017

Resurrecting the blog

It has been nearly 5 years since my last post! Isn’t that craaazy? I️ guess I sort of got busy with a baby...then a toddler....and before I️ knew it, I had a little boy... annnd now a baby again! 😂 A few weeks ago Mom and Dad cleaned out some closets and the shop and found all kinds of stuff! A lot of it was my junk treasures. One thing Mom found was an old journal entry from when she and Dad were first dating. I️ got to read it and it stuck in my heart and mind for weeksI️ was so glad I️ had the chance to see that glimpse of my 18 year old Mom and identify with that part of her heart.  I️  was so thankful to her teenage self, that she took the time to write it down.  Then, just a few days later time hop showed me one of my entries from just before Judah was born, and it was amazing to compare where I was then to where I am now. It’s not that I have forgotten, in general, but the specifics, you forget.  And being a new Mom  again, I have been fortunate enough to spend the last eight weeks at home with my baby boy. Not a lot of huge monumental events have taken place, that I️ think would  stand the test of time in my memory, but at the same time there is so much going on.  So much that I don’t want to forget.  We’ve expanded our family from 4 to 5, and I’m watching Judah become a big brother, watching Landon, even more so, settle into his oldest brother role. I’m seeing them holding and loving  Jett,  saying sweet things to him, seeing them be even more independent...During most of the day, I am holding or nursing him, doing laundry, putting dinner on, all sorts of things around the house that seem mundane. But in 30 years when my kids are looking back at something that I’ve written, or I’m having the chance to look back at something written, I want them to see, and me to remember, who I am right now. I️ want them to know this 31 year old wife, and Mom to 3 boys. I️ want them to know I️ tried so hard to be the best I️ could be for them, that even though mornings are hard and they see the worst of me, that I️ always had the best of them in mind. I️ want them to know that I️ thought of them in even the smallest things, when I️ pull candy wrappers and rocks out of their pockets to do laundry, or think of their favorite snacks when I️ make the grocery list (to order online now, of course ha!). I️ want Jett to know how much I’m treasuring this priceless time with him,  and even to know that he was sleeping under my arm as I️ type this, in the little elephant gown I️ bought him to wear home from the hospital (because it actually fits him now!), with his arm in front of his face like he always does. The little things. I️ want to remember the little things. Because they mean the most, and time is fleeting.
So, with those things in mind, and also being able to appreciate that past posts let me see how far we’ve come, and how faithful the Lord has been,  it was on my heart to start writing in this blog again, so here I️ am. Me, and all my boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Valentine’s Day Dinner tricks and treats

I love holidays! All of them! And I try super hard (sometimes too hard) to make them extra special for the people I love! I have to occasion...